Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Cilantro Dip for Naan Bread



Whether you like Indian food or not, you probably like naan bread.  The same is for Greek food...if you don`t like it you at least would eat the pita bread!  One of the best dips for naan bread is "the green one".  This commonly consists of cilantro, oil. chiles, lemon juice, and garlic.  I love the chipotle/adobe flavor that is in southwestern cuisine, so I decided to throw that in to replace the chiles.  I am a vinegar-lover, so I used that as my acidic ingredient.  Lastly, I am currently snowed in and have no naan bread!  Nor do I have the ingredients for it.  Instead, I used whole wheat tortillas and made my own chips...

Cilantro Dip

1 1/2 c fresh cilantro (leaves, no stems)
2 T canola oil (don`t use olive oil...will make a funky flavor!)
2 tsp adobe sauce
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar

Blend all ingredients together in a food processor until consistent sauce is formed.  Serve immediately.



Baked Whole Wheat Chips

4 whole wheat tortillas (cut into 6 triangles each)
cumin
salt

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Prepare a baking sheet by greasing with cooking spray.  Distribute tortilla triangles evenly on the baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.  Spring with cumin and salt.  Bake in preheated oven for 5-7 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment