Wednesday, March 28, 2012

EARTHBOUND CHILD! HDF: Black Bean Burgers






I think this could also be referred to as the "Hippie-friendly Hump Day Feast".....

Today`s feast is an entree, rather.  I wanted to make a completely vegan burger and found THE PERFECT recipe for one.  This time, I did not change a single ingredient.  I followed the recipe exactly and was really pleased with the finished product.  Here is the link (nutritional information is included on the linked page)...
Vegan Black Bean Burger Recipe











(The pink thing you see sticking out the side is red onion)







One thing I did want to add was this...the pics I have posted are of the vegan burger in "sandwich thins"-type bun.  These are fairly common nowadays and are quite popular since they are only 100 calories.  However, these among many commercial breads (loaf bread especially) contain non-vegan ingredients such as Vitamin D3 and mono- and di-glycerides.  These things can (but may not necessarily) be derived from animal sources.  Many bread companies cannot "guarantee" if their products are truly vegan or not.  So many apologies, Veg friends, but I violated the rules and tried this burger on a sandwich thin! :(

Resources used: savvyvegetarian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment